THE SIGN OF THE CROSS
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
THE APOSTLES' CREED
I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; He descended into hell; on the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
Our Father, who art in heaven; hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
FATIMA PRAYER (Say after each decade only) Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell. Lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy.
HAIL, HOLY QUEEN
Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope, to thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears; turn, then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards us, and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. 0 clement, 0 loving, 0 sweet Virgin Mary.
Pray for us, 0 holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
O God, Whose Only-Begotten Son, by His life, death and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life: grant, we beseech Thee, that by meditating upon these mysteries of the most holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain, and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ our Lord. Amen
· PRAYER TO ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL
St Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the· Devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, O Prince off the heavenly hosts, by the power of God cast into hell Satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
GLORY BE TO THE FATHER
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES
(Usually said on Monday and Saturday)
FIRST JOYFUL MYSTERY:
And when the angel had come to her, he said, "Hail full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are you among women." (Luke 1:28)
Fruit of the Mystery: HUMILITY
SECOND JOYFUL MYSTERY:
Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and cried out in a loud voice, "Blest are you among women and blest is the fruit of your womb." (Luke 1:41-42)
Fruit of the Mystery: LOVE OF NEIGHBOR
THIRD JOYFUL MYSTERY:
THE BIRTH OF JESUS
She gave birth to her first-born Son and wrapped Him in swaddling clothes and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the place where travelers lodged. (Luke 2:7)
Fruit of the Mystery: POVERTY
FOURTH JOYFUL MYSTERY:
When the day came to purify them according to the law of Moses, the couple brought Him up to Jerusalem so that He could be presented to the Lord, for it is written in the law of the Lord, "Every first-born male shall be consecrated to the Lord." (Luke 2:22-23)
Fruit of the Mystery: OBEDIENCE
FIFTH JOYFUL MYSTERY:
FINDING THE CHILD JESUS IN THE TEMPLE
On the third day they came upon Him in the temple sitting in the midst of the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. (Luke 2:46)
Fruit of the Mystery: JOY IN FINDING JESUS
THE LUMINOUS MYSTERIES
(Usually said on Thursday)
FIRST LUMINOUS MYSTERY:
THE BAPTISM OF JESUS
And when Jesus was baptized... the heavens were opened and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and alighting on Him, and lo, a voice from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved ·Son with Whom I am well pleased." (Matthew 3: i 6-1 7)
Fruit of the Mystery: OPENNESS TO THE HOLY SPIRIT
SECOND LUMINOUS MYSTERY:
WEDDING AT CANA
His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever He tells you."... Jesus said to them, "Fill the jars with water." And they filled them up to the brim. (John 2:5-7)
Fruit of the Mystery: TO JESUS THROUGH MARY
THIRD LUMINOUS MYSTERY:
PROCLAIMING TH6 KINGDOM
"And preach as you go saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.' Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without pay, give without pay." (Matthew 10:7-8)
Fruit of the Mystery: REPENTANCE AND TRUST IN GOD
FOURTH LUMINOUS MYSTERY:
And as He was praying, the appearance of His countenance was altered and His raiment became dazzling white. And a voice came out of the cloud saying, "This is My Son, My chosen; listen to Him! " (Luke 9:29, 35)
Fruit of the Mystery: DESIRE FOR HOLINESS
FIFTH LUMINOUS MYSTERY:
INSTITUTION OF THE EUCHARIST
And He took bread, and when He had given thanks He broke it and gave it to them saying, "This is My body which is given for you."... And likewise the cup after supper, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood." (Luke 22:19-20)
Fruit of the Mystery: ADORATION
THE SORROWFUL MYSTERIES
(Usually said on Tuesday and Friday)
FIRST SORROWFUL MYSTERY:
THE AGONY IN THE GARDEN
In His anguish He prayed with all the greater intensity, and His sweat became like drops of blood falling to the ground. Then He rose from prayer and came to His disciples, only to find them asleep, exhausted with grief. (Luke 22:44-45)
Fruit of the Mystery: SORROW FOR SIN
SECOND SORROWFUL MYSTERY:
THE SCOURGING AT THE PILLAR
Pilate's next move was to take Jesus and have Him scourged. (John 19:1)
Fruit of the Mystery: PURITY
THIRD SORROWFUL MYSTERY:
CROWNING WITH THORNS
They stripped off His clothes and wrapped Him in a scarlet military cloak. Weaving a crown out of thorns, they fixed it on His head, and stuck a reed in His right hand... (Matthew 27:28-29)
Fruit of the Mystery: COURAGE
FOURTH SORROWFUL MYSTERY:
CARRYING OF THE CROSS
... Carrying the cross by Himself, He went out to what is called the Place of the Skull (in Hebrew, Golgotha). (John 19:17) Fruit of the Mystery: PATIENCE
FIFTH SORROWFUL MYSTERY:
Jesus uttered a loud cry and said, "Father, into Your hands I commend My spirit." After He said this, He expired. (Luke 23:46)
Fruit of the Mystery: PERSEVERANCE
THE GLORIOUS MYSTERIES
(Usually said on Wednesday and Sunday)
FIRST GLORIOUS MYSTERY:
"You need not be amazed! You are looking for Jesus of Nazareth, the One who was crucified. He has been raised up. He is not here. See the place where they laid Him." (Mark 16:6)
Fruit of the Mystery: FAITH
SECOND GLORIOUS MYSTERY:
Then, after speaking to them, the Lord Jesus was taken up into Heaven and took His seat at God's right hand. (Mark 16:19)
Fruit of the Mystery: HOPE
THIRD GLORIOUS MYSTERY:
DESCENT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
All were filled with the Holy Spirit. They began to express themselves in foreign tongues and make bold proclamations as the Spirit prompted them. (Acts 2:4) Fruit of the Mystery: LOVE OF GOD
FOURTH GLORIOUS MYSTERY:
You are the glory of Jerusalem... you are the splendid boast of our people... God is pleased with what you have wrought. May you be blessed by the Lord Almighty forever and ever. (Judith 15:9-10)
Fruit of the Mystery: GRACE OF A HAPPY DEATH
FIFTH GLORIOUS MYSTERY:
A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. (Revelation 12:1)
Fruit of the Mystery: TRUST IN MARY'S INTERCESSION
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
4. The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenititude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.